Saturday, February 27, 2010

Decor DIY - Jewelry Box


Stopped at Value Village the other day. Didn't find too much but this jewelry box for $7.50.
The wood looks so old and the blue velour on the inside was just gross... that was the first thing to go.



Yes, that handy little manicure multi-tool is what I used to pry it off! After the inside was stripped I removed the tiny handles and sanded it down.


After some 'satin' black Rustoleum, a bit of distressing and adding the hardware back on, I think it turned out quite well! :)


I made this jewelry box for myself, but what a great gift idea for a friend or a little girl! You could customise it to their favourite colour, paint or glue something on top, the options are endless. I can just picture it in pink with a few swirly flowers for a little princess :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment